Executive Director: Martina Herries
Operations Director: Lynette Woods
Bindery Manager: Julia Clayton
Events Manager: Cheri Robbins
Collections Assistant: Ellen Lamerson
Executive Director Search
The Bagaduce Music Lending Library (BMLL) is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1983. Our mission is to collect, preserve, and share printed music for study, research and performance and to promote music education for all ages. The BMLL completed a successful Capital Campaign to facilitate a move to a new campus in the summer of 2017. This new facility provides expanded library and office spaces as well as a Performance Hall that holds much promise for becoming a cultural hub for the community.
In addition to housing and sharing over 1 million pieces of music around the globe, including many rare and out of print works, the BMLL fulfills its mission through various programs for children and adults, such as lectures, recitals and seminars. Each year the BMLL sponsors the Blue Hill Pops concert, presents music awards for graduating 8th graders, and hosts a Young Composer's Competition & Festival. With an annual budget of $200,000, the BMLL employs a full-time Executive Director, a full-time Operations Director, and two part-time employees. Many generous and dedicated volunteers contribute 8,000 hours each year. The 16-member Board of Directors is committed to nurturing and promoting the love of music.
The Board of Directors is dedicated to the work of strengthening the Bagaduce Music Library as a hub of music activity for both local and world communities, and of building a vibrant, sustainable future for the organization.
Executive Director Overview
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing and managing the administration, programs and strategic priorities of the BMLL. Key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
1. Operations and Programs: Oversee programs, planning and administration
a) Takes responsibility for implementation of programs that carry out BMLL’s mission.
b) Assumes responsibility for follow-through of strategic plans.
c) Engages and motivates competent, qualified staff and volunteers.
2. Governance: Work with the board to fulfill BMLL’s mission and goals
a) Exhibits effective leadership in working with the Board of Directors to successfully support the BMLL’s mission, strategic plan, and programs.
3. Finance: Effectively plan and manage the budget
a) Prepares and manages the budget for all BMLL functions.
b) Works with the Board to prepare an annual budget, tracks budget figures, and reports to the Board on a regular basis.
4. Development: Develop sufficient resources to ensure the financial health of BMLL
a) Provides leadership in fundraising for stability and growth.
b) Engages in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors on a continual basis.
c) Provides leadership and visibility in public relations to c expand the BMLL’s presence and impact in the local community, as well as nationally and internationally.
d) Educates and involves Board members in the various fundraising activities and responsibilities, including the work of outreach and relationship building.
e) Manages the annual appeal campaign.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in development or related field
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent management skills and attention to detail
· Ability to understand a balance sheet and budget planning
· Ability to think strategically and creatively
· Proficiency in grant writing
· Ability to get along well with others, build partnerships, and enjoy outreach activities
· Ability to manage, motivate and inspire staff and volunteers
· Proficiency with computers:
· All Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Fundraising database software and accounting software
· Maintenance and update of website
· Must have a commitment to the BMLL mission. Passion for music is a plus!
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Questions: Call Martina Herries, Executive Director at 207 374-5454
To Apply: Send letter and resume to:
Bagaduce Music Lending Library
Attn: ED Search
49 South Street
P.O. Box 829
Blue Hill, ME 04614
Deadline for Applications: November 15, 2017