Join favorite local musicians Heidi Powell, baroque violin, Max Treitler, baroque cello, and Daniel Pyle, harpsichord, for a moving concert of Northern European Baroque music. Featured composers include Froberger, one of the most famous composers of the era, and Biber, whose rich, dense Passacaglia is one of the oldest surviving works for solo violin. Bach’s delightful G Major Violin Sonata and A Minor Concerto will resonate throughout the Congo Church, much as they would have at their 18th-century premiers.
- J.S. Bach Violin Concerto in A minor, BWV 1041
- Bach Sonata in G Major, BWV 1021 for violin and continuo
- Sonatas for harpsichord by Froberger
- Passacaglia in G minor for solo violin, ‘Guardian Angel’ by Heinrich Franz von Biber
- Sonata No. 2 in D minor for violin and continuo by Biber
BOOM’s mission is to bring world-class, historically informed baroque performances to eclectic, non-traditional venues of Downeast Maine.
Sponsored by Bagaduce Music